Saturday, March 27, 2010

Grapefruit/ Dis-corded

~For crying out loud.
0- Now what?
~ We are victims of technology not beneficiaries!
0- er, you want to put that into plainer English?
~ My Blackberry's battery is dead.
0- Oh. Yes, that's much clearer.
~ You know what I'm talking about.
0- I know the black thing isn't working. You want me to figure out why?
~ No. I can figure out why. I want you to think about the larger picture.
0- The wha?
~ I should wait until you've shaken off your night of sleep.
0- Actually, I'm at my best right now, I'm just messing with you. ☺
~ Well, this is serious. All of us in this modern world would be helpless without all of our gizmos.
0- I'm aware of that. It's why I constantly send out warnings to you about being so connected.
~ Connected. More like hogtied.
0- Voluntarily, I might point out.
~ I don't think this is helpful. I want you to think about what would be a better time to be human.
0- Really. Reallllly? You don't mean that.  You mean how can you live your life better and less connected?
~ Yeah. Yeah. I've got to go figure out if it's the cord or the USB port or both or is this the device and if it ..
0- take a deep breath. and hold it.
~ I can't... an hour's gone by.
0- shh. take a deep breath...
~ I'll give you fifteen minutes.
0- ☺☺☺♥

No comments:

Post a Comment