Thursday, April 15, 2010

The youth of this city

Before I forget: yesterday at 86th and Broadway I saw a woman with her baby.
She said to the baby "We're going to get a taxi."
At which point the baby raised it's right arm and said "Taxi!!"
"Good job!" said the mom.
"Just a minute" I said " Excuse me, but how old is that baby?"
"He's just nearly a year old and he loves to hail taxis"
"Taxi! said the baby raising it's little arm.
"Amazing." I said.
"He also likes to call waiters." said the mom looking at the baby.
"WAITER!" said the baby raising it's arm again.
"We get incredible service every time Al does that."
"Al?" I said. "Yes" said the Mom, "His name is Alexander, but he likes to be called Al."
The baby grinned.

No, really, the baby grinned.


Only in New York, bubbies, only in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment